Now that I’ve spent most of New Year’s Day writing and editing this post, I’m finally ready to share my New Year’s Resolutions with y’all.
This year, I’m splitting up my goals into three categories: life, writing, and career. Each day I can check off one thing in each category, that way I can measure whether or not I’m getting things done and working towards writing full-time (got to start working on that 5-year plan now Heather!). Here is my list of 13 things I want to accomplish this year:
1. Exercise everyday. Getting into a routine with my physical therapy will help start this year off right. Then I can add in walking with Daphne, stretching, and yoga as I’m ready. Maybe I’ll even get to a Pure Barre class this summer!
2. Eat healthy. Our subscription to eMeals has really helped us get on track with eating better dinners. Now I can work on cutting out sugary sweets and creating heartier lunches.
3. Take better care of my skin. Not washing my face before I go to bed at night is one of my worst habits.
4. Organize my photos and set up an effective system for keeping track of where they all are.
5. Make a master to-do list and accomplish one thing per month. I have a pile of sewing projects I have been sitting for over year, and my scrapbooking has gone out the window. Those are both things that definitely need to get some attention this year.
6. Write every day. The thing about being a writer is you have to do it. J.K. Rowling, Nicholas Sparks, and even Jane Austen were dedicated writers. If I can get in 500-1000 words a day I’ll be in great shape to finish my first novel by the end of the year.
7. Read one book a month.
8. Get something published every month. Whether it’s guest blog posts or creative pieces submitted to contests, I’ll never get anywhere if I don’t try.
9. Write more for TheCelebrityCafé. If I can write five articles a week, including one that’s fashion related, I can move closer towards my goal of getting tickets to fashion week. Plus my portfolio can always use work.
10. Increase my blog readership. There are a lot of programs that I want to take part in but I’m simply not eligible because I’m still such a little fish. I plan on being active in different blogging communities and being more engaging. My goal is to get to 1000 unique visitors per month by the end of the year.
11. Learn to use our new Nikon D5100 well. I love our new camera, and hopefully we can figure out how to use all the settings so we can take great photos.
12. Take one writing, blogging, or other career-related seminar a month (webinars count!).
13. Make one new career connection per month. I would love to connect with some of the bloggers that I really admire, as well as writers in general.
What are your goals for the new year?